Sunday, February 16, 2014

2/9 TO 2/16

This week has been a great week.  It started very quite and I just a few things I needed to do.  I did finish the Divergent Series.  I really enjoyed the first 2 books but the 3rd wasn't has thrilling.  I also made 2 pairs of baby slippers for Alli Rowlys new baby.  Her shows was on Saturday which I wasn't able to attend. 

Ben, called and invited us down for the presidents weekend so we left on Friday and stopped in to see Helen Stephens who is turning 99 this week.  I was so happy that I got to visit her.  I never know when it will be the last time that I will see her again.  I got a video of her telling a story about how she would have died if her dad hadn't had the priesthood.  She told us that when she was three, she and her older sister were out playing in the barn and she saw some bottles and she picked it up to drink it and her sister told her not to but she did it anyway.  Immediately, her stomach really hurt and her sister ran to get her dad.  Her dad ran to get her and saw that she had drank formaldehyde, which is a poison.  He quickly picked her up and took her into the house and began to give her a priesthood blessing with the concentrated oil.  While he was still giving her a blessing, she said that she reached over and drank the oil. The oil coagulated the formaldehyde and she through it all up.  By the time, the Doctor got there he couldn't believe that she could have drank the poison  because she was out running around.  Helen bore a fervent testimony of the power of the priesthood.
Helen Stephens at 99.
After visiting with her we went on to Ben's.  It was great to see the little girls and Ben and Holly. That night Willard discovered that he had left all our Sunday cloth home so we had nothing to wear at church.  I called Holly's mother and asked her if she would like to go shopping with me after we go home from the fish farm,  to find something to wear.  She was more that willing to take me.  She loves to shop too.

  On Saturday we went to Cold Water Creek Fish farm in North Ogden where we use to live.  We had a good time Audrey was the first one to catch a fish.  Ben caught the biggest one and Willard caught 2 fish and I caught my first fist.
Audrey with her fish.

At the fish farm


Getting ready to fish

My first fish

Dad finally got his fish
When we got home, Adelaida picked me up and we started at Khols but found nothing then we went to the Dress barn and I found a dress for $16 and a scarf  So I was happy with my purchase. 
My new outfit.
Sunday was nice, Ben fixed a nice birthday dinner and the Holly's parent came over for cheesecake. The girls helped me blow out the candles.

So we have had a very nice week.
One thing that has been on my mind for that past couple of week  was this statement that was in the February ensign in the article Living a Life of Peace, Joy, and Purpose, "Truth is not determined by what men think, no matter how influential they may be.  Truth was determined by an Almighty God before the Creation of this earth.  Truth will exist unchanged forever." I thought to myself that the only thing that we can change about truth is our attitude because God is bound by truth also.

No comments:

Post a Comment