Sunday, January 19, 2014

1/13 to 1/19

This week has been the same old stuff,  teaching piano and Sammy and Ngena,  However there were some highlights. Monday I went to see Dr Maderious and he finally uped my Warfrin 10 mg because my INR had gone down to 1.6.  I certainly  gets it up because it is expensive to go see him every two weeks now that my co-pay is now $20.

Hailey and Cody spent the night Monday night because Buck had to go to Denver.  They were great kids.  Hailey didn't want to stay in a room all by herself so Cody slept in the recliner and Hailey in the bed.
Cody and Hailey getting ready to go to bed.
 Another things that brightened up my day is that we got a picture from Audrey with our Christmas gift from Ben.  I love pictures drawn by children.  They are so honest.  I quickly put is on my fridge because it makes me smile. 

Audrey picture
 I had the Activity Days on Wednesday and Neema went with me.  We sanitized the whole Nursery which included everything that the children touched.  The girls had a good time doing service and working and playing together.  Neema really enjoyed herself.

Friday night we had the sisters missionaries for dinner.  They are such lovely dedicated sisters.  They are doing a wonderful job teaching the Wolandja's.  In our stake we have several refuge families that have been baptized that speak Swahili and one came over and shared their experiences and testimony.  The sisters said they couldn't understand what he was telling them but they know when he was bearing his testimony to them.  The spirit was so strong. 

The Lord was watching after me.  I have been waiting to get the Spread Sheet from Boise Tuesday Musical so I could get my students on the schedule.  Saturday I got a email from the President about an activity but no notice so I responded and asked her about the Spread Sheet.  She wrote me right back and told me that the Spread Sheet had been sent out in December and needed to be in by Saturday the 18th.  The chair wrote back and apologized for not getting it to me and gave me some more time.  I am so thankful that I was able get the information;

This week Ngema worked on reading, and making bread.  Deborah gave her bread machine, so on Saturday.  Just as I was getting it all mixed Ngema came home early from work and so she could see how it was done. This time I just kneaded the bread and then put it into a pan to rise.  I was going to make another loaf but she wanted to learn how to make the No Knead Rolls that I had served to the sisters.  So we made them and then she got dinner.  Later we went to the store to get just a few things. Well it turned out that she saw the opportunity for her to get the things that she needed for her house.  I guess Wolandja doesn't like the shop.  So we didn't home until late but she was very happy that she was able to get the things that she needed
Ilia and Neema hard at work on the Ipod. 

Ngena, Yoshosephina and Neema went to church with us.  I don't know how much Ngena understood.  I will find out tomorrow what she really thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment