Sunday, December 8, 2013

12/2 to 12/8




This has been a full week.  Monday was the big piano recital. Nancy had 3 students and I had 13 students. I was a little nervous because the Bells and the Dunkely’s were gone over the holidays, but they all pulled it off and they all sounded exceptional.  This time I had prepared a handout about piano etiquette and introduced them to bowing after their performance.   It gave a lot of polish their performance.    Nancy and I gave each family a poinsettia. 
The Bells Children
 Tuesday, we went to work out at the Y because it was getting cold outside.  I tried the tread mill and walked 20 min and then rowed for 15 min and then use a bike for 15 min.  I was exhausted after that.  It took me a couple of days just to recover from it. Then we finally decorated the house for Christmas. I put all my nativities on the piano this year.
Finally finished with the decorating the house
Then Wednesday I got my hair cut by Dena.  I was so glad I went earlier because she was going in for surgery next week.  I really liked how she cut my hair the first time but last time she left it too long.  So this time after she cut it, I took a picture of it so she can remember the hair cut.  After I was through I went to Celia’s Roberts (card lady) for her open house.  I made a nice card and an ornament. Then I went over to the Andrews to teach Aubrey a piano lesson and then to activity days where I taught the girls how to make a pin cushion/hand warmer. For many of them this was the first time that had actually even hand stitched anything. Later on that evening, we had our dress rehearsal for our up coming performances.
The girls with their pin cushions
Thursday night we had our first performance.  Our stake president asked us to play for all the Bishops in the stake at a dinner the presidencies throw for the Bishops.  We didn’t play everything but everyone seemed to enjoy our music.
The Serendipitous Trio

Playing for the Bishops
Friday I went for my monthly appointment with Dr Maderious.  He checked my INR and it was at a 1.3!  Way to low, it should be between 2 and 3.  I then had them check on the blood test I asked Dr Hodson to do 2 weeks earlier.  It stated in her notes that my INR was also 1.3 and she didn’t even bother to call me.  I was somewhat upset that she hadn’t bothered to call me.  Dr. Maderious, agreed with me that I can always adjust my warferin levels and it is more important that I get the nutrition that I need. 
 Then later on that evening we got a surprise call from Willard's sister Ann, saying that they were in town and would we like to go out to eat with them.  We had such a nice time visiting with them.
Ann and Roger Klucken
Nancy and I at Aspen Rehab.  


Saturday, we did our first full performance for the Aspen Rehab Center.  My good friend Rosemary Hill and Deborah’s mother-in-law are there right now so we volunteered to perform there.  We thought it would be a good dress rehearsal for all of our performances next week.  Willard was really concerned about his jokes, but one lady came up and asked him if he could send her the jokes because she thought her grandson would really enjoy them.  He does a good job tying it all together.  Next week we have 5 performances.  It will be busy.

It has been so cold here the past week. we are all freezing.  It is the same in Denver.  Sarah posted that darling picture of Alice all dressed for summer.
She is a hoot! Her little smile makes my day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment