Sunday, December 1, 2013

11/25 to 12/1



Most of the week was spent making stuff for Thanksgiving Dinner. I did like the pumpkin bake.  It was a little bland for most people but to Willard and I it was just fine. 

Betty invited us over to her house for Thanksgiving dinner, along with Jacob, Deborah’s family, Laura’s family and family friends. Of course the first thing we did was to check out all the adds and plan where we wanted to shop. 

Checking out the adds
It was a nice.  I even tried to eat healthy by bringing me own salad and dessert. It was very low key  because Andy did the cooking.  He is such a marvelous cook.  We all enjoyed his talent.
Andy in the kitchen
After we ate we all sat around and just enjoyed the day. 
The group just chilling
 That night we did something different.  Willard and I went to the mall to shop.  Since I have lost weight I needed some new cloths.  Macy’s was having a sell on sweaters and I found a few there.  When I got done we decided to walk down the mall and looked in Penny’s and Sears but didn’t see much.  Then we walked to the other end of the mall to Khols.  I found some tops I liked and then stood in line.  Would you believe we were in line for 1 hour?  Willard wasn’t a happy camper.  I know that will be the last time he every goes with me.

The next day we met the kids at the YMCA, and they used our day passes to go rock climbing. Joe in the first picture on the left is rounding the corner of #3 which is the hardest one to climb.  He was amazing.  He had only climbed once before.  Hunter, who came later, tried to the one but he didn't have on the right clothing and hadn't warmed up like the other kids had.  Cody climbed the ladder a very unique way, climbing on the corner. When he got down he said, "Oh I forgot I was scared of heights?" Garran could climb almost anything.  He did #6 in 22 sec. and the record was 14.  I thought that was pretty good. Hailey was spider girl.  She climbed for 3 hours.  She just couldn't get enough of it.  She would try anything and keep trying until she mastered a wall.  I was really impressed with her fortitude and strength.

 Saturday I went back to the Y and worked out and swam.  I do so enjoy it. Jacob and I went to see Thor the movie in the Village. It is a new theater. It was very nice.    After I got back I worked on some Christmas projects and went over to see Rosemary Hill.  She is works so hard on improving her speech.  I really admire her and her gumption. 

We said go-by to Jacob Sunday morning.  He came for the week and we certainly enjoyed him.
Jacob is always so excited to get his picture taken
After we got home for church my day for rest, was attending  ward choir, practicing  a song with the group for the Christmas program, listening to the Dunkley kids recital pieces since they had just came home from their vacation in Boston and then dropped in on Savannah to listen to her pieces.  When I finally got home, I then made a Carmel popcorn mix and some microwave peanut brittle for the recital. Then I finished running off the recital programs and then finally got to set down and do my blog.  Now it is time to go to bed. I just hope I haven't forgotten something.  

No comments:

Post a Comment