Sunday, November 24, 2013

11/18 to 11/24



This week I am very thankful of the Lords tender mercies in others lives as well as mine.  I am so thankful for the knowledge that the Lord knows and loves each of His children and we are His helping hands.  

Sunday night I went to bed not happy with the modulations with my arrangement.  The problem was that I needed to go from D Major which “Give Said the Little Stream” was in.  It had 2 sharps and move the I needed to modulate to A Flat Major for “ Because I Have Been Given Much” which has 4 flats.  The modulations were very poor and didn’t sound too great.  Then early in the morning, the thought came to me that I should just transpose “Because” down a half a step to key of G which on has one sharp.  So I got up and they were done in good time and they were so much brighter and flowed effortlessly.  I recognize that the Lord really helped me write this arrangement.  It went well at the funeral, it wasn’t anything great, but it served its function

Another tender mercy the Lord gave me was the thought that Rosemary Hill needed me to go and play and sing with her to help her with her speech. So Saturday afternoon I, took my little keyboard, and my Reader’s Digest song book for Christmas Carol with the booklet and took it over to Rosemary who has been moved to a rehab place.  Once she got me going slow enough for her, she had a good time reading the words and saying the words on time.  She is a fighter and knows the value of practicing.   Gene, her boyfriend, came in and helped us.  It was so good to see her perk up and enjoy herself.
Rosemary and Gene, her boyfriend
 The last tender mercy that I will mention happened last night.  I had talked with Dianne Salsbury earlier in the week and she mentioned how much she liked the Barley, Lentil, Mushroom soup that I had brought over.  I didn’t think much about it.  Then when Nancy and I were going to the Boise Philharmonic she mentioned that Dianne wasn’t eating because she was so nauseated from all the medicine she is taking. I knew that I needed to make her some more soup.  We stopped off at Freddie’s to get some mushrooms on our way back and I got up and made the soup and some bread sticks this morning.  I took them over to her on the way to choir practice at the church.  Later on her husband, Richard came up to me and said she ate some for breakfast and really enjoyed it.  I was so happy that it satisfied her.  I know what it is like to not enjoy any food and feel rotten all the time.   

We had such a special sacrament meeting today.  Anne Cahoon gave a talk.  I sure do enjoy her.  She is 12, going on 40.  Then the Fullers both spoke on gratitude and they were both very good and then our Stake President spoke about the Russ Rowley and funeral.  He quoted from a talk of Joseph F Smith that something to the effect that no righteous man or women is taken before his time, they just have other things to do on the other side.  I liked his analogy that as we see a ship get smaller and smaller and leaves our view, it doesn’t mean it is gone.  We just can’t see it with our limited view.  On the other side as the ship comes in it is welcomed.

The last thing that was memorable this week was the activity days.  There were 3 teams that make no bake cookies and took home cookies for their family to eat.  
The girls having fun playing a game
Aubrey Thueson, Hailey Rogers, Marley Wienclaw

Laura Kendall, Brittney Peterson, Kassidee Johnson
Chole McGonn, Audrey, Merilee Andrew, Hailey Thueson

No comments:

Post a Comment