Sunday, November 17, 2013

11- 11 to 11/17

This week has been a pretty full week and tragic.  Monday I went to see Rosemary Hill and bought her some flowers with Deborah. She didn't look very good.  She was so weak and couldn't talk. I didn't stay long because she just wanted to rest.
The flowers we got for Rosemary
 I  then went to JoAnn Fabrics to get some felt for the pin cushions that the girls are going to make  next month.  I haven't bought any fabric for a long time there so I didn't know I should take a number.  Once I found out my number was 103 and they were serving 75.  While I was waiting I was looking through pattern books and found out the Simplicty Patterns were all $1. So I picked out a few.  Then a young Vietnamese girl started to talk to me and said she really liked the skirt pattern but didn't know who to read the pattern.  So I spent our waiting minuets teaching her how to read the pattern.  She was very grateful and was going to try it.  A little voice said to give her my name but I didn't give it to her.  I wish I had.    


I also, started a new piano student, Chloe McGown.  I think she will be very fun to teach. She seems to be very motivated and her mother is very supportive.

Tuesday, I picked up Suzie Dyvad, and Eleanor Harmon for Boise Tuesday Musical.  My plan was to also take Rosemary and get all my Visiting teaching done but they gave Eleanor to me as a companion and added Peggy Pain who I haven't met yet.   We had a wonderful time. They had two men from Onomatopoeia a group that plays sort of Jazz. The one fellow played a 5 string electric  viola.  The music was wonderful an we all had our minds expanded.  I videoed it for Rosemary to watch. She enjoyed watching a little but got tired.  She was doing better but is still weak but only can say a few words.

I made some cookies of Deborah for Relief Society.  I made some Zucchini Chocolate Chip and walnut cookies. They only has 10 carbs in them.  They weren't bad.

Wednesday,  I picked up Eve and we went to the Somethings Special Luncheon.  It was nice to get together and they all videoed their get well messages to Rosemary.  Terri Gillenwater and her daughter even sang a little song to her that really made her smile when I took it up to her.  She is getting stronger each day and her head seems to be getting clearer.

Thursday I went to the "Y" and meet with Michelle. I learned something that I need to drink 3 quarts of water a day because I am dehydrated and my body retains water because it thinks it is not going to get more.  It is so hard to drink that much water.  I then went swimming and back stroked 1/2 mile.

Friday I went over to Celia's and she helped me get all the material stamped out for the pin cushions.  It was really cool using her Big Shot to cut out the felt. She also gave me some low carb cookbooks to look.  I spent the night marking the recipes I liked.

Saturday, I got up fully intending to scan all the recipes and organizing them in my computer, then Deborah text me telling the Russ Rowley had passed away that morning.  He and his son Chase had been our home teacher for years before we went on a mission.  He was diagnosed with cancer a few weeks before me last year.  He really was a very giving man.  Every time I use the kitchen faucet I think of him.  He sold faucets and he not only gave us one when ours broke but also put it in.  Now that is love. Then I got a call from Mary Rowley, his sister-in-law asking me if I would make an arrangement of "Give Said the Little Stream" and "Because I have Been Given Much" for the funeral.  So for the rest of the day I worked on the arrangement and almost got it done.

That evening we went to Bono's where Kathy to wish her an her husband well because they had got an RV with his brother and sister-in-law and were going to travel round seeing the county. It sounds like fun.  Something Willard and I dream about.
Kathy in her going away costume.


Sunday was spent finishing up the music and we went over to the Willet's and enjoyed their pictures from their travels in Germany and other nearby countries.  That is as close as it gets for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment