Sunday, December 22, 2013

12/16 to 12/22



The week before Christmas, and not much happen in my house. Monday I went to see Dr. Medarious and my INR was up to 1.7. That isn't high enough so he had me double up for a couple of days and then hopefully it will be high enough to stay there.

Wednesday was a great day. We went to the temple to do family sealing with Trenton and Martha and their driver Clyde so we needed another female.  One sister came in and then they said they were going to send someone else. The sister that they sent to replace her was Gerry Perry, my seagull teacher that had taught me how to crochet.  It was so good to see her and have help with the sealing’s of our family.  When I told her my maiden name, the sealer asked if I knew LD Holsinger. When I told him he was my father, he said he had known him and Betty and Velma.  The Lord certainly did give me a tender mercy because it gave me much comfort. I had been missing my parents.

Then that afternoon for activity days we took the girls caroling to some shut in sisters. It turned out to be a great experience because it turned out to be the first time many of them had gone caroling.  We went to Sis Rowe's, Eva Harvey's and Diane Salsbury.
Girls at Sister Rowe's house

At Eva's house.

All of us at Diane's House
Friday night and Saturday, I helped out at the monster concert. Dunkleys brought over 5 grand pianos and 6 digital pianos. There were 19 numbers. Some were duets, trios and 2 were one piano.  So at one time there could be up to 33 pairs of hands playing a song.  It was very well done.  Milano Colt asked me to share my experience at playing in monster like concert and this is what was printed up in the program.

In 1962' when I was 14, the Boise Tuesday Musical gave me the opportunity of a lifetime to participate in a monster-like concert in the spring time.  The old Boise High gym floor was full of pianos of all kinds.  Students from all over the valley participated in playing piano duets and trios.  I participated in playing John Schaum’s America the Beautiful Piano Duet for 2 pianos.  It was such a thrilling, memorable experience to be able to play with fellow students and participate in playing such magnificent music.  I am go grateful for the BTM, which offers a similar, priceless lifetime experience to young musicians in Boise. 

It was great working with and getting to know the teachers. I met Wendy Warr Wilson, who my brother had worked for years earlier. I was impressed with the quality of the program.  Maddy Bell played one of the solo pieces, “I’ll be Home for Christmas” and Topher and his mom Beka played “Upon the House Top”.  
Beka and Topher at the piano by the Tree.
 After attending the concert, Jillian and Jackson Bell, now want to participate next year.  It accomplished its purpose. I am excited that they want to participate next year. 

Today we had a wonderful Christmas service.  The choir and special numbers were spectacular! I am so grateful that I live in a ward that has so has so many gifted and talented musicians. The last number had the primary, children with the choir and the congregation, accompanied by the piano and organ, singing “Oh Come All Ye Faithful” such a stirring experience. 

Jacob came and the Hailey came over and she made a hand warmer for her Grandmother that was in rehab.  This was her first experience sewing and she did a fine job.  Then we took it over to her and she visited with Kathy and I visited with Rosemary and Gene, her boyfriend. 
Kathy with Hailey.
 After that, I took her home and gave Buck his special Christmas present of his family’s genealogy.  He seemed quite please with it.  

Today has been quite a full day and I was reminded of a thought that came to me the other day.  I was thinking about doing service and why it is so important.  I thought of what we would be doing in the Celestial Kingdom.  I in vision that we are going to be constantly busy with doing the Lords work and serving.  If we don’t like service, we won’t like being there and the Lord will not put us any place we aren’t happy with.  Learning to serve others, is just preparing us for our eternal work. So I should serve often and enjoy every it. 12/16 to 12/22


No comments:

Post a Comment