Sunday, November 3, 2013

10/28 to 11/3

This has been a sort of a slow week.  Monday we went to diabetics class.  The more I learn the more frustrated I get.  I am told in class that I can only have 45 cabs per meal and I must watch my sodium, cholesterol and vitamin k intake. So that really limits my calorie intake.  However, on the others hand, I need to exercise which cancelled out some of my calories.  Since I exercise vigorously I should be eating about 1300 to 1700 calories so my body doesn't go into starvation mode. I also take tamoxifen which course weight gain.  I just haven't figured out how make it all work together. A question I will ask on Monday.

Tuesday we went to live strong and we got to see how much we improved. My balance, reach and strength had improved. I leg pressed 170 lbs and arm presses 75 lbs. I am very glad I went to this classes because I really enjoyed them and Willard has also benefited from them.  He has lost over 10 lbs.  we are going to participate in the wellness for life.  That is where we meet with a trainer once a week and set up goals. My main goal is to lose 3 1/2 inches off my waist.

That evening just Nancy and I practiced but we really go a lot accomplished.  The program really is coming together. Justin won't be able to practice with us until the last of November, but we aren't worried because he is so good.  It really is a treat to play with him.

Thursday we went to my last class at the YMCA. The ladies are really great and I really enjoyed getting to know them all.  Michelle is going to be my trainee and Ruby is going to help Willard  on Thursdays.
Our Live strong group
 We didn't do anything for Halloween but we enjoyed seeing the grand kids costumes on Facebook.  Hailey and Jane makeup was really well done.
Going Clock wish, Austin, Parker, Taylor, Bryce, Tobin, Hailey and Cody, Lilith, Athena, Aris, Sarah, Nora, Middle Jane Reynolds and Alice
 Friday, was the ward party and I made rolls to take.  This time I cut out rounds with a wide mouth ring and they brushed them with butter. Sprinkled some tomato and basil Mrs dash on them and then put some cheese in the middle and folded them over. They looked pretty good.  They were really good when they were warm.
Cheesey Rolls



Saturday, I finally started on another temple envelope, that Terri Griffin  idled on at the Relief Society auction.  Most of the day I spent looking for recipes that sounded good and meet some of my dietary needs.  I fixed a really great lentil, barley, mushroom soup and I added a can of storehouse beef and it was quite good.

At Relief Society The teacher shared this bumper striker she saw one day and I thought it was good. Enjoy the day; compliments of God

Few other pictures from the internet
Whitney working hard

Taylor and Denton

No comments:

Post a Comment