Sunday, October 27, 2013

10/21 to 10/27


Monday Willard went with me to my first diabetic class.  We both learned a lot.  I learned more how I need to take my Metforman  It is supposed to stop my liver from sending insulin.  I learned what other things can rise the glucose legal like illness, and surgery.  That information proved invaluable on Wednesday.  When I got up my gl was 90 which is great, but when I took it 2 hr after breakfast it was 308; not good. I knew something was going on. Then Eric Lowery called me because I had called him telling him that I couldn't sleep laying down.  I could only sleep propped up with pillows.  My lower right jaw and my lower teeth hurt so bad during the night. He felt that there was something else was going on and my immune system was compromised.  I totally agreed with him because I had started getting a cold sore that day.  He prescribed me some anti-biotic. He thought it could be a sinus infection even though it was far from my sinuses.  However, that day my ear started to hurt and I remembered that the Saturday before my teeth started to hurt I had backstroked 1/2 mile. That night I actually sleep laying down.  I am so thankful for a good caring dentist and for modern medicine.





Thursday night, Nancy and I went to see the Pirates of Penzance, a Gillbert and Sullivan operetta.  It was very well done and so much fun to watch.  We had seats next to the brother of the lead and he also painted the set. He made it even more enjoyable.
Nancy by her friend at the Nampa Civic Center

The set of the Pirate of Penzance
Laura has bought a new home and we were going to help her move Wednesday but that didn't happen until Friday afternoon.  I went over and put shelf lining in her cupboards and started to put away things in the kitchen.  Then Saturday Willard and I went over and helped her move.

Laura's new House
  We finally wore out about 3. Willard could hardly move and Laura was so tired because she only got a few hours sleep.
Willard and Laura trying to rest before the next load comes.
Then Amber picked me up and we went out to takes some photos for her senior years.  She is so cute and the fall colors made the pictures even more beautiful. 
She is an easy subject to take pictures of. 



Thee Generations
When we were at Laura's we meet up with Lance who Willard worked with when he was sorting cards.  He said he was in the tree cutting business and I asked him how much it would cost to cut down our fur tree that died over the summer.  He said he would give us a family discount and he would come over later to check it out.  Well, he never came over, much to my surprise when I was talking to Laura today that she said that Lance came over and chopped the tree down.  I looked out and sure enough it was gone.  He came over when we were at church.  I felt bad that he had done it on the Sabbath but it was nice to have that all taken care of.  He only charged us $150.  Which we were very happy with.
Only a nice stump
 Pictures from the internet
Pull aparts brings the family together

Tobin in his new p-coat

Audrey and Amelia
Laura and Chuck dressed up for a halloween


No comments:

Post a Comment