Sunday, July 15, 2012

Week 21 7/9 to 7/15

Not to much happened this week I spent most of my time at the Family History Center.  Few of the highlights of the week was on Monday I went to the Dr. at the Clinic in Monument Valley.  My blood was 3.2 still a little high so he adjusted it and asked me to come back next week.  But the most exciting part was when I asked how much did I owe for the last appointment they said there was no deductible and  no co-pay. So I asked again how much did I owe and she told me nothing.  I didn't argue just thanked her.  Then we went to Gouldings for Breakfast and went to the museum where they had a lot of memorabilia of the movies that were films there by John Ford.  I forgot my camera.  I was not a happy camper.  Then we went to the gift shop and I found some stuff that I wanted to buy for the living room.  I plan on redecorating the living room with southwest thing. We will be going back in 2 weeks so I have plenty of time.


My great buy
On Wednesday, I went to the flea market to just look for jewelry and things.  You never know what you will find.  What I found was a basket for $8.00! Usually these baskets sell for $80 to $10, but this guy sells them cheep. So I am excited.  It will look great on the wall with my rug when I get it.

Perfect frame for the Temple Picture
Used the Picture of Christ

Look to the Children
Then on Friday we took Becky McCarty to Tuba for her physical therapy and to shop at Walmart.  Also I wanted to see if I could find any frames that would be suitable for the Family History Center. We first stopped off at the Thrift store and found 6 great silver small frames for pictures in the the foyer. They were having a half off sale so I got them for $2.50. Then we went to Family Dollar and found the perfect frames. Total cost was $22 for 3 frames.  I felt I really got a great deal. I got a smaller frame for the temple in the foyer for $6 and then 2 larger frames for $7.  When I got home I put the 11x17 picture that Brother Gibson gave me and it fit perfectly. Then in the other frame I downloaded a picture called Look to the Children and then blew it up larger and used it to frame the other picture.  I thought it turned out quite well.  The photo isn't very good.
  
Now I just have to wait for the 2 temple pictures to come and the frames and I will be finish decorating the Library. 

I got a call from the Olson's that are going to be the new MLS missionaries on Saturday.  I am excited that she has worked in her stakes Family History center and is her Wards family consultant.  She will be a great asset here.  She will be able to keep the Library going when we leave.

Just a side note.   The weather has cooled down a bit.  We have had 5 minuet thunder burst.  It really is beautiful after it rains. This photo I caught a very strange looking funnel in the far distance.

At church, Bishop Gilmore gave me an assignment to get 15 pioneer stories to present at the Pioneer Party, then Bishop Axline asked me to make some posters.  On top of all that I am in charge of the Indexing workshop at the TubeCity and Chinle Stake Youth Conference.  Sister Howard is going to be gone, getting her cast off, but thank goodness Elder and Sister Olson is going to be arriving tomorrow.  The Lord always provides a way to get things done.

No comments:

Post a Comment