Sunday, July 1, 2012

The 19th week 6/26 to 7/1

The Skirt. The picture doesn't do it justice
Willard did then nicest thing for me last week. It all started at the dinner we has with the missionary couples at the Hampton Inn.  We women went into the gift shop there and were looking around.  Sister Chapman and I spotted a beautiful turquoises skirt. We both thought it was beautiful and we talked Sister Chapman into buying it.  She is such a pretty lady.  Then Sunday morning just as we were waking up, Willard says " This may be a stupid question, but would you like to get that skirt?" I said "Of Course, and that was a stupid questions but one of the most thoughtful one he could ask. "   So on Monday we bought the skirt.  It was such a thoughtful thing that he did and I hadn't even mentioned that I loved the skirt. He knows me pretty well.

Bill Cly checking it all out.
On Monday we had a new person come in.  It was Bill Cly.  I hadn't really met him.  I guess he retired and now has some time to spend on Family History Work.  He had done some when he was younger and now wants to start again.  I hope he will be a regular.  I am hoping that they will call a Family History Consultant for each ward soon because we need some more support.

 Tuesday morning I woke up with the idea to rearrange the library.  In the middle of the library sat a huge table which took up more of the room.  You couldn't even walk around the table.  So I made a plan and presented it to Brother Gibson.  He immediately approved and moved the table out in the foyer.  So on  


Wednesday I worked all day in organizing library.  I took 4 classroom tables and lowered the legs and put them against the wall with the black board.  Then moved the Film reader to the end so we can actually use it.  The put another table at the other end for the directors table.  Hopefully, there will be a directors computer there. Brother Gibson brought up some framed art work to go on the table side.  My hope is to replace the poster temples pictures that are stapled to the wall with some more framed artwork.  My goal is to make it more temple like.   

The outside
Thursday I spent the day cleaning out the filing cabinets. I threw out stuff that was 15 years old.  I don't think anyone had touched the files for a long time. 
The inside

Friday I worked most of the day at the library trying to get the sharetime done for this week and start on the Family History report and the Kayenta Family News letter.  I can't believe that the Kayenta Area is up to 4,562 names!  about 500 names were done by non-member.  We has 16 first time visitor and had 41 visits that doesn't include the staff.  That number doesn't include 500 names that Willard did and he did those after the pizza party.  I am really proud of him.  He comes up daily and does a batch or two.  It is nice to have him in the library with me.
The Foyer

Saturday morning the idea popped into my head to use the big table that was now in the foyer as a place where material and handouts could be places.  Also, I want to put some pictures and other things on it.  I called Bishop Axline who was in Logan to stop and get some cheep frames and some paper doilies. I needed cheep ones because more likely someone will take them.  So that is a work in progress.
The Parish Family.  Angel has the pink skirt on.
 I played for Angel Parrishs's baptism. Angel is Nelson Parrish, ( yes this is the same person, who's wife was baptized and married when we first got it and then had a baby 2 months later).  Angel lives with her mother for the school year and then comes here for the summer. It was great to see the family there.  The whole family is getting reactivated. Angel is 10 and a little rounder than the baptism cloths were and there wasn't anything that fit her.  So we went down to the trailer and got my white skirt and a white T Shirt and they fit her beautifully and she was happy.

Sunday was a great Fast Sunday.  I bore my testimony in the Second Ward.  I am so grateful for the heritage the we all have in common.  That is, that each one of ancestors have been guided by the Holy Spirit to this land.  It says in the Book of Mormon that the people who came here to this promised land have been lead here by the Holy Ghost. I know this for certain for many of my ancestor  gave up the comforts of their homeland and came here because of the freedoms that we enjoy.  Many fought and died defending the rights of the individual. No matter who or what our ancestor is, we all come from noble parentage and I honor them today. I am so grateful for my parents who taught me to honor those who paved the way with much blood, sweat and tears.  No anyone of them had it easy.  They were tough and have set such an example for me.

 I am so grateful for being on this mission.  It has brought such comfort and joy.  Earlier this week I thought  how Missionary work and Family History aren't burdens but  they can lift our souls. By participating in those activities, one experiences so much joy in service.   I heard it said that Service fixes everything (spiritually). When you are so busy helping others, you don't have time to worry about your own problems.  The Lord really does lighten those burdens.  Which I can testify that it really does. Service does lifts the heart and brings much joy and happiness.  I am so thankful of the Lords tender mercies. How thankful we are that we have the opportunity to serve to Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment