Sunday, June 24, 2012

Week 18 6/18 to 6/24


The continuation to the saga of the Family History Center
Last week after speaking with Sister Meyers in Salt Lake I was under the impression that she would upgrade our center to be a Film ordering center.  Then Monday morning I discovered an Email she sent that require a form to be filled out.  Since we were going to Tuba City I quickly filled it out to have the Stake President sign it and get the Facility Manager (FM) to sign it.  Then there were two other people that needed to sign it the Area Family History advisor and then the Area Support manager.  Since I didn’t know who those people were and neither did Pres. Justice I emailed her asking who they were.  I got back the email saying “the support manager can be found out from the Area FH Advisor.”  That wasn’t too much of a help.  Then I meet Brother Hall the FM Manager, who came to Kayenta to check on things.  I asked if he had sign the form and know who those people were.  He hadn’t signed the form and wasn’t sure who those other two people were.  I gave him another form to take to Pres Justice and asked him to find out who the people were who needed to sign it.  I didn’t realize how much red tape there was to upgrade a FHC. Then today this Sunday Brother Gibson said that they were faxing it in tomorrow.  So they must have gotten it all figured out. I will keep my fingers crossed that all goes smoothly.

The Elephants feet outside Tuba
Monday  as I mentioned we went to Tuba City for our monthly gardening meeting. The one thing that was exciting to me was that on the way there Willard stopped so that I could take a picture of the Elephants feet forms.  These were the first formation that I saw when we were coming to Kayenta and always wanted to stop and take a picture but we were always in a hurry or with someone but that day we had some time to take a picture. Also when we got the mail I had a wonderful surprise from the Ward.  They sent me a card with just little note from the Sisters.  It really mean a lot to me to be remembered.  We do have such sweet sisters in the Cloverdale ward.

Oh yes, we found out that they don't have any plans of having another couple move into the Ziglers.  So we have a free apartment available if anyone wants to come and visit us.   
Sister Chapman and Sister Tompkinson
Tuesday was just working in the Family History Center, Tuesday night Sister Chapman and Sister Tompkins came in to learn how to index.  Sister Chapman who is MLS and also a gardening missionary in Denihotso is trying to learn about she can go about getting LANDesk in her facility.  I think she is going to get a group to come over to Kayenta so that we can help those who would like to do some research.  She said many were excited doing Family History.  So we will see.

Sister Young and Sister Gilmore in the back
Wednesday Sister Rhoda Young's daughter Sister Micaline White came up that night because she didn't have money to go to her home in Chilchinbeto.  She goes to school in Chinle and she and her 4 children stays with her mom here in Kayenta during the week and then she goes home for the weekend.  She came up to do some research just to past the time.  Amazingly, we found that her white ancestor pedigree went back to the 1600's.  She was quite excited and said she would be coming back tomorrow to do some more research.  

Then Sister Gilmore also came in to submit her sister-in-law for temple work.  They were going with the youth on a temple baptism this Saturday.   Sister Gilmore added her directly into New Family Search to submit the work.  I found out that it is so much faster doing it through Roots Magic.  I would definitely recommend using that program especially if there are a lot of names to submit.     

Thursday was the day of the big Indexing Pizza Party.  It was also an amazing day too because Willard came up and learned how to do indexing.  He did 3 batches by the days end.  

The Pizza Party.
We had a great turn out.  All computers were being used and we even had one sister that came but no computers.  There were 3 non members who came.  B H and his girlfriend Casanda and then Troy Perkins. (The young man that came in earlier the last week).  President Waley and his son came along with Sister Tompkinson.  I gave a cream puff to all those who completed a batch.  They did a total of 320 name that night.   I heard today from Brother Gibson that the Pres. Waley was really excited about it and Brother Gibson was sorry that he didn't come.  We had enough pizza for every one including all the kids that came.  So I felt pretty good about the results. 
Working at the FHC
 Friday the Whites came with their whole crew in the afternoon, She did a couple of batches and then started entering her families information. I was excited that she had really gotten into it. 

Saturday.  I worked on the foyer display and Willard did 3 more batches.  He has done 240 names.  I am really proud of him because it isn't one of his more favorite things to do but he is doing it because he wants to be of service.  They say service fixes everything.  and when I think of it, it does.

I practice with Elder Belnap on his song that he will per form on Sunday.  We recorded it and sent it off to his mom.  He really does a beautiful job.   

That evening we went to dinner at the Hampton Inn with the Howards, Hunsakers and Chapmans  It was nice to get together and visit.  This is one of the perks of being here is that we get to associate will wonderful spiritual giants. 

Sunday, Elder Belnap wowed every one with his rendition of "Oh How Lovely was the Morning" sung to the tune of "Come thou Fount of every Blessing".  I used the accompaniment from Sally Deford site.  The Booth's spoke.  They were really good talks on Kindness and Forgiveness.  He had a wonderful story about a Duck.  I am going to get that story from him.  Afterwards we had them over for dinner at the Howard's. A a young woman who is taking the lessons came also.  She is going to be baptized in a  few weeks.  Then Nellie and I had a primary presidency meeting and then I get to relax after I get my blog done.  I don't know what I will do when I come home.  I am getting use to 5 hours of church on Sunday.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment