Sunday, March 30, 2014

3/24 to 3/30



This has been a busy week but we got ourselves all moved back in.
Tuesday, I called RC Willeys to find out when they could bring our furniture.  They told us it would be April 2.  However, my friend who sold us the furniture got them to bring it out on Friday
. 
So Wednesday we finally signed the paper releasing us from our contract. Then we went to the storage place and loaded up our stuff.  Willard is such a great packer.  When we were moving it out my son-in-law packed the truck and it took us two loads to complete the job.  But would you believe that Willard got it all in, in one load!  The truck was stuffed but we did it.  We loaded it up all by ourselves.  We were exhausted by the time we got to our house.  Our good friends, Steve and Inger Bishop, came by and asked us to go for a ride to see their new house that they are building.  Then when we got back, they helped us unpack the truck.  Their help was greatly appreciated. 

So, Thursday, we began to unpacking and move the furniture around to get ready for our new furniture.  We moved Jacob’s bed out to the Den in the back where I also have a pantry.   This is where I hung up all our stuff we collected in Kayenta.  We also brought in the dresser.  It came in very handy to put the small plastic containers. 

Navajo Guest Bed/pantry
Then we moved our bedroom furniture into Jacob’s bedroom.  It was nice to have a larger dresser in there because now I had someplace to put my linens that I had to keep up in the attic.Trenton came and got our white couches and they were excited to have them.  
 
The Blue Guest Room
Friday, they came with our new furniture.  We got a sectional for the living room and an area rug.  Willard is sure it wasn’t what he ordered but I was happy with it because it has a little bit of blue in spots. You can’t see it in the picture.  It really makes our living room much larger. I just happen to have a few pillows that I really liked with the couch.  I only had to buy one blue one.
The living room

Our New Couches
Then I took the burgundy floral rug that I had in the living room and laid it diagonally toward the bottom of the room and placed the bed and dressers around it.  You can see a little bit of in the picture.  Also, at the end of the bed there are two big drawers.  I just love that we now have 15 drawers and we use to only have 5 drawers to deal with.  It is wonderful to have room and space for everything.  I find my house is big enough now that I have places to put things. 

Master Bed Room

The Dressers
We put Jacob’s brown chair in the music room and it fits very nicely there.  I love the space and the lack of clutter.  As we were going through things to decide if we wanted to put it back up in the attic, we just cleaned out more boxes and I took 5 large bags to Desert Industry. Now our garage is nice and clean and our attic half full.  

Saturday, I put up the pictures and cleaned the plants and put them up.  So now my house is done.  Willard’s back was killing him and I was sore but we made it through it all. 

Spring is coming.
I am glad it all worked out and we had the opportunity to really clean up our house.  It is like moving into a new house.I am happy that  I get to stay and see my flowers pop up and give notice that spring is just around the corner.

This evening we had Inger and Steve Bishop over for some Raspberry Walnut Torte.  I haven't made it in such a long time.  In fact, it was the first dessert I made when I was 17, when my mother let me cook in the kitchen. It was great visiting with them. We have been friends since 1974.  I was her visiting teachers in Los Gatos Ward and then they move to Boise and we followed the next year.  We really appreciate their friendship.
Steve and Inger Bishop


No comments:

Post a Comment